The MOMs Club of Arlington-Fairlington has many ways for families to get involved.
- Playgroups are age-specific (0-6 months, 6-12 months, 12-24 months, 2-3 years, 4+ years) and meet weekly.
- Parents Nights Out let mom (or dad) get out of the house and talk uninterrupted with neighborhood friends. We have met at restaurants, movies and comedy clubs.
- Quarterly Family Parties are are held each season and include a summer picnic and Halloween Costume party.
- Fun Family Activities are planned by anyone in the Club. Our Activities Committee tries to make sure we have events planned each month. We have visited farms, playgrounds, story times, museums, nature centers and concerts. We host craft days and craft/busybag swaps too.
- Service Projects Our club is dedicated to service in our community. Members have worked on several community service projects benefiting Newborns in Need, Arlington Food Assistance Center, Bethany House and more. In 2016-2017, we donated over $3,640 in goods and services through hosting over a dozen charity-focused events.
- Monthly Plan and Play Meetings Members meet in Fairlington to play and discuss club business. Meetings are typically the 2nd Wednesday of each month at 4:30 PM.
- Speakers and organizations are invited to present to members on topics of interest. Past speakers & topics include organization, Our Kids DC, Spanish All Stars, picky eaters, and discipline.
- List Serves The General List Serve is intended to offer support to one another. The Classifieds List Serve is used to buy, sell, give away, look for, and borrow things.
- Meal Support Program provides meals to families with new children or experiencing hardships.
- Interest Groups vary yearly depending on members. Here are some groups that have been around for a while:
- Running Club organizes runs and track nights.
- Walking Club initiates daytime/evening walks.
- Dinner Club gathers monthly to enjoy potluck dinners with rotating themes.
- The Breastfeeding Support group and the Cloth Diapering group support each other virtually.
- Consignment Sale Our club hosts 2 consignment sales each year. Members may consign, volunteer, and shop.
Annual dues of $30 support quarterly group functions and community service projects.
For more information about our MOMs Club or membership, please contact the Fairlington MOMS Club Membership Vice President at firstname.lastname@example.org.